ASLA New Librarians Conference
It’s back! The Alabama School Library Association (ASLA) is offering a special professional development opportunity for school librarians who have been librarians for three years or less. This pre-conference is held in conjunction with ASLA’s Annual Simmer Conference. You will have an opportunity to meet other new librarians in Alabama, ASLA Board members, ASLA officers, “Library Girl” Jennifer LeGarde, and hopefully join networks in your area of the state affiliated with ASLA. You will learn about what ASLA is, what we do, and how you can be an active part of the organization.
You must be new to the library profession, not just new to the position.
This pre-conference on Sunday, June 9, 2013 will provide:
• All meals - Sunday lunch, Sunday dinner, Monday continental breakfast, and Monday lunch
• Lodging for Sunday night at the Hilton Garden Inn in Liberty Park
• Complimentary 2013-2014 ASLA membership
• Complimentary registration to the ASLA Summer Conference on Monday, June 10th
• Opportunities to network with local and national school library leaders
• Information on professional organizations and potential leadership possibilities
Best of all, this experience is FREE!
This opportunity will be available to only 25 new school librarians, so act now! For more information send your name and e-mail address to Jennifer Anders at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 205- 379-5550
ASLA (Alabama School Library Association) is a professional organization dedicated to the improvement of instruction through the utilization of media and technology. It provides a forum for school librarians, administrators, curriculum specialists, teachers, school librarianship educators, graduate students, professional association leaders, and retired library media professionals to promote excellence in education in Alabama through effective school library programs.
ASLA is the state affiliate of the Association for Educational Communications and Technology, the American Association of School Librarians, and the Alabama Education Association.