Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sounds Good to Me

Okay, I'm sure this is old news to many of you, but I wanted to share one trick I've recently discovered...constantly streaming music in the library. I found an old stack of classical CD's and dusted off an old player, and the effect has been outstanding. Without saying a word, I have observed numerous classes coming in to use the lab just automatically settle down so they can hear the music. Pods of kids who would normally need some intense supervision to prevent all kinds of naughtiness are just completely laid back and on task.

Even the teachers are calmer...and that's saying something for late January of any school year! :)

 It's such a small thing but truly has made a pretty amazing difference in my library. Give it a go!

What tricks do YOU have to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment