The computer starts up in "safe mode"?
At times your computer could develop a problem which causes you machine to boot up in what is called "safe mode". The easiest way to try and solve this problem is to run a "scandisk".
1. Click on Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and Scandisk.
2. Place a check on "Automatically fix errors."
3. When Scandisk finishes, reboot your computer to see if this fixed the problem.
4. If the computer still boots up in the Safe Mode, click on Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, and Disk Defragmenter. If you receive the message "You don't need to defragment this drive now," continue with the process anyway.
5. When Disk Defragmenter is finished, reboot your computer to see if this fixed the problem.
6. If the computer still starts up in safe mode, you need to contact a computer technician.